Short term insurance with no risk to the car owner's No Claims Discount. What’s not to love?
The DVSA recommends learner drivers get as much driving practice as possible alongside lessons. Our short-term car insurance for learner drivers makes it easy and affordable to practice in a family or friend's car. How’s that you ask?
What’s more, insuring a learner driver on a parent’s car or friend’s car gives peace of mind to the car owner as well as the learner:
Forget sitting on the phone to your insurer, it takes minutes to get a quote and arrange cover get on the road straight away.
We exist to help young drivers get on the road. Since 2006 we’ve been committed to doing all we can to make it easier and more affordable for people to learn how to drive, and pass their test. (A big part of that is considering the needs of parents of learner drivers too!) That’s why, according to YouGov, we’re the UKs best known insurance provider dedicated to young drivers²:
What's covered by our Learner Driver Insurance policy?
Damage to the car owner’s vehicle
Personal accident up to £2,500
Medical expenses up to £250
Personal belongings up to £100
- Shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
- Go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
- Exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area
- Meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
- Seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
- Attend education or childcare - for those eligible
If you do leave home for a permitted reason, you should always stay local in the village, town, or part of the city where you live. You may leave your local area for a legally permitted reason, such as for work. It goes without saying that if you are self-isolating you should not leave the house at all (unless it is to get a COVID test).
Here's what they say...
Black Box car insurance for learners will cover on a provisional licence and after you pass your test - with no price increase when you do!
Share your parents' car while you're learning and after you pass your driving test - with no risk to their No Claims Discount!
Sign up to our newsletter for a chance to win a brand new Vauxhall Corsa - you'll be first to hear about driving tips, news and offers!