Call us on 0330 343 8814


Affordable cover for students and renters on a rolling monthly policy

Person at home

Flexible contents insurance for students and renters

So, you’re moving, or you’ve moved, out of your parent’s house. Exciting times! Whether you’ve moved in with your partner, into a shared house or into student accommodation – you’re going to want to make sure your stuff is protected! We’re delighted to be working with contents insurance experts, Urban Jungle, to help you do just that.
You’ll be pleased to know you can arrange cover in minutes with renters and student contents insurance, from just £5 per month*. To give you peace of mind Accidental Damage and Tenants liability cover is included as standard and you can customise your cover to add more, and Urban Jungle are rated “Excellent” on Trustpilot.

It’s simple and straightforward

Get a quote in seconds
All we need to know if where you’re living and who you’re living with and we’ll give you a price for cover straight away!
Customise your package
If you’re happy with the price, we’ll send you over to Urban Jungle’s site to complete your quote and purchase.
Get covered!
Buy your policy and you can be covered instantly. You can update your policy or cancel online for free anytime.
Benefits for Students
Benefits for renters and sharers

    • Comprehensive cover that includes £10,000 home contents cover and £5,000 tenant’s liability cover as standard
    • Option to customise your policy if you’d like to cover gadgets away from the home, and communal areas, for example.
    • The policy runs month by month, so you can cancel it if you no longer need cover or easily change address on the policy if you move.

    Your contents are covered if you're away from home for up to 30 days. Reassuring if you're on holiday or you're visiting family and need to self isolate.


Your contents are covered if you're away from home for up to 30 days. Reassuring if you're on holiday or you're visiting family and need to self isolate.
sofa dog woman

What is covered by Student’s and renter’s contents insurance?

What is covered by Student’s and renter’s contents insurance?

Fire and smoke

Tick icon

Theft and vandalism

Tick icon

Storm and flood

Tick icon

Accidental damage

Tick icon

Tenant's liability

Tick icon

Household leaks

Tick icon

Alternative accommodation cover

Tick icon

Public liability

Tick icon

Good to know

You may be wondering why we’re introducing you to Urban Jungle for your contents insurance. We know that many of our customers are students or are young people who are renting or are in a shared house – and need affordable cover. We’re not currently able to provide this ourselves, but our friends at Urban Jungle have the same ethos around making insurance easy and affordable and like us, they’re rated “excellent” on Trustpilot.
Not only is the process to buy insurance through them quick and easy, with no lengthy forms and jargon, the level of cover they offer blows some of the others’ out of the water – even student specialists. Cover starts from just a fiver per month for a generous £10,000 contents cover, £5,000 tenant’s liability cover and accidental damage covered as standard.

Frequently asked questions

Do I need student contents insurance?arrow
Even if you’re living in one room, you’re likely to have a fair few personal possessions which may not be covered by your parent’s insurance if you’re living away from home, and may be quite costly to replace if the worst was to happen. Our Contents insurance gives you peace of mind – plus, at only a fiver a month, it costs less than a couple of beers for the peace of mind to know you won’t be left out of pocket.
As a student, am I covered by my parent’s insurance?arrow
It is unlikely your parent’s home insurance policy will provide adequate cover for you once you move out of home. It’s best to check with them to see what the situation is – and why not tell them about our cover while you’re at it!
Are my gadgets covered by this student and renter insurance?arrow
Provided mobile phones are no more than 3 years old, and laptops are no more than 5 years old, these are covered whilst you’re at the insured address. However, if you’d like cover outside the home, you can add this when you customise your cover. You can read more in the Insurance Information Document.
Is this contents insurance suitable for tenants in a shared house?arrow
Yes, this policy is designed with tenants in mind so can provide cover for four people (or six if two of you are related) living in a shared house, from as little as £5 per month* each. The best news is that tenant’s liability and accidental damage is included as standard too.
Can I just insure my own room in a shared house?arrow
Yes, you can, or you can arrange a policy for all of you (up to 4 people!) – whichever is easier.

Enjoy cover from £5 per month*

It's quick and easy to arrange and offers a great level of customer that you can customise to suit your needs!

Parent advice

Advice and guides for parents helping their learner driver on their driving journey.

black box myth busters

Black Box Mythbusters

There’s a lot of misconceptions around driving with a black box – we’ve got the facts on what’s true and false!

friends happy on phones

Visit the Driver Hub

Check out the latest stories and blogs from young drivers

ICS member logo
Customer Service Excellence Awards
BIBA scheme provider logo
First car award 2019 winner logo