Flexible and affordable car insurance on a parent's car for young drivers
We know one of the most confusing, not to mention expensive, parts of getting on the road as a learner driver, or new driver, is getting the insurance sorted. That’s why we’ve come up with an affordable and hassle-free way alternative to adding a named young driver on a parent’s insurance!
We want to make it as easy as possible for young drivers to get on the road, which is why we offer two unique options for new driver insurance on a parent’s car. These are designed to help young drivers develop their driving skills with black box technology, as well as saving them money and allowing them to start building their own No Claims Discount.
What’s covered with Named Young Driver Insurance?
No risk to car owner's NCD
Young driver can earn their own NCD
Legal liability for death or injury
Damage to the car owner’s vehicle
Personal accident up to £2,500
Medical expenses up to £250
Personal belongings up to £100
- shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
- go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
- exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
- meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
- seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse) attend education or childcare - for those eligible
The DVSA advise that Learner drivers may also take driving practice with a member of their household, provided it is for one of the essential journeys specified above.
If you do leave home for a permitted reason, you should always stay local in the village, town, or part of the city where you live. You may leave your local area for a legally permitted reason, such as for work. It goes without saying that if you are self-isolating you should not leave the house at all (unless it is to get a COVID test).
Read the full coronavirus guidance for the four nations via the links below:
here's what they say...
Only pay for what you use
No Claims Discount
Cheaper car insurance for new drivers
Flexible payment options
Cover for up to 10,000 miles
Instant cover and No curfews
Cover before & after you pass
Discover more about how the black box works and how it can save you money and improve your driving skills
Our simple guide helps you compare the options for getting insurance on a provisional licence, so you can relax and find the best option for you.
Simplify your life with learner to full licence insurance on a parent's car. Discover why this makes sense and how much money you can save!
Cover for up to 10,000 miles per year*