- Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- Up to £45K PA
- Job Start Date:
- Job Type:
- Hours of Work:
- Mon-Fri 9am-5.30pm
We pride ourselves on being the young driver champion, giving them a safer, fairer and simpler deal on their car insurance. We're a rapidly expanding entrepreneurial business, so flexibility along with the ability to prioritise and respond quickly is vital.
The salary for this role is up to £45K per annum and the hours of work are Monday to Friday, 9am-5.30pm. The office is based in Peterborough.
Our company is unique so if you think that you have the right skills and experience for this position and you see yourself working in a highly innovative environment; we would love to hear from you.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Preparation of information for year-end accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Day to day management of accounting function
- Overseeing the preparation of monthly management accounts and variance analysis
- Assisting with the preparation of budgets and forecasts;
- Preparation of Financial information for FCA and other external bodies;
- Ensuring compliance with UK accounting principles and FCA requirements
- Liaising with managerial staff, colleagues and clients;
Skills and experience
- Fully qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA);
- Experience of managing staff within the finance function;
- Sound and up to date knowledge of UKGAAP
- Previous experience in a similar position;
- Experience of preparing management accounts, year-end financial statements, budgets and projections;
- Strong IT Skills, including excel;
- Persuasive and confident communicator, able to deal with senior colleagues throughout the organisation and clients alike
- Ability to manage and support staff by facilitating relevant continuous professional development
- Experience within the Insurance industry and FCA reporting
Personal skills and qualities
- Good communicator - both verbally and written
- Highly motivated with a "can do" attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Efficient with excellent attention to detail
- Open to feedback
- Flexible and adaptable working approach to meet needs of this dynamic business.
- Work well as both individually and as part of a team.